4-port RS-232/422/485 Secure Terminal Server
Product Announcement from Moxa Inc.
The NPort 6450 is a 4-port device server that uses the SSL and SSH protocols to transmit encrypted serial data over Ethernet. Up to 4 serial devices of any type can be connected to the NPort 6450, with all four devices using the same IP address. The Ethernet port can be configured for a normal or secure TCP/IP connection.
- Detailed NPort 6450 Specs and Ordering Info
- Download NPort 6450 Datasheet
- Download a Free Product Catalog
No Data Loss if the Ethernet Connection Fails
The NPort 6450 is a reliable device server that provides users with secure serial-to-Ethernet data transmission and a customer-oriented hardware design. If the Ethernet connection fails, the NPort 6450 will queue all serial data in its internal 64 KB port buffer. When the Ethernet connection is re-established, the NPort 6450 will immediately release all data in the buffer in the order that it was received. Users can increase the port buffer size by installing an SD card.
- LCD panel for easy IP address configuration
- Secure operation modes for Real COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, Pair Connection, erminal and Reverse Terminal
- Any Baudrate supported with high precision
- Port buffers for storing serial data when the Ethernet is off-line
- SD slot for expanding port buffer memory
- Slot for network expansion module
See Related Products
For over twenty years, industrial systems integrators have relied on Moxa products in major device networking installations all over the world. Working with a network of certified distributors, Moxa offers world-class industrial networking products to systems integrators and value-added resellers in over 60 countries. Clients place great trust in Moxa's business and environmental practices, which are backed by ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 140001 certification. Moxa was established in 1987 and has offices in Europe, the United States, China, and Taiwan.