Why Roll Form?
Service Detail from MP Metal Products
Roll forming is a continuous metal forming process that transforms sheet, strip or coiled metal into shapes with a consistent cross section. The stock is fed through successive pairs of rolls, which progressively shape the metal until the desired cross section is produced. Only progressive forming (bending) takes place; the metal thickness is not changed except for a slight thinning at the bend radii.
What are the benefits of Roll Forming?
An efficient and economical metal working process to form sheet or coil stock.
- Roll forming is a cold forming process.
- Slots, holes, miters embossing, etc can sometimes be included to eliminate costly, extra, secondary operations.
- Consistent shapes and uniform cross sections.
- Finished parts may be produced in one operation.
- Economical unit costs.
- Combine 2 materials in a single process, i.e. incorporate vinyl weather stripping into metal carrier.
- An ideal process for adding caulking beads, adjusting symmetrical widths, combining shapes, etc.
Get the Latest Flash player.