2.4MHz Step Down Switching Regulator Controller
Product Announcement from M.S. Kennedy Corp.
The MSK5031, Step Down Switching Regulator Controller is capable of delivering up to 2A of current to the load. This device will soon be available screened to Class "H" and is already available in the industrial version. These Regulator Controllers offer a user selectable switching frequency between 200KHz and 2.4MHz allowing for the use of smaller inductors minimizing the required board space for a given design while improving efficiency. The MSK5031 switching frequency can also be synchronized to an external signal via the SYNC pin. The ability to shutdown the regulator via the Run/SS pin and the power good output simplify power sequencing. The 2A integrated switch leaves only a few application specific components to be selected by the designer. MIL-PRF-38534 qualification testing for Class "H", an operating range of -55C to +125C, and a hermetically sealed 16 pin flat pack available with straight or gull wing lead form, make the MSK5031 an excellent choice for high reliability applications.
- Wide Input Range: 3.6V to 36V
- 2A Integrated Switch
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 200KHz to 2.0MHz
- Synchronizable Switching Frequency: 250KHz to 2MHz
- Low Quiescent Current
- Shutdown Quiescent Current < 1uA
- Output Voltage Range: 0.79V to 20V
- Power Good Flag
- Contact MSK for MIL-PRF-38534 Qualification Status
- POL Applications
- System Power Supply
- Microprocessor, FPGA Power Source
- High Efficiency Low Voltage Subsystem Power Supply