Product Announcement from Mahr Federal Inc.
Where even high-precision CMMs find the going tough, the MFK 600 impresses with its unique capabilities.
- No-compromise mechanical design
- All form parameters can be measured
- Diameter and distance too
- Accepted as the reference in the industry
- Saves money due to automation
The Formtester MFK 600 consists of cleverly designed interchangeable modules which guarantee flexible application and easy adaptation to any measuring problem. The Formtester rests on a vibration and distortion free granite base. Its highly precise horizontal surface forms the datum for measurement. The workpiece loading table, with its air bearings, supports and guides heavy workpieces on the granite base.
- Universal form measuring station with large measuring
- 5 measuring and 2 alignment axes for the measurement of
form and position
- Rotating probe and automatic component positioning ensure
easy handling and rapid alignment
- Air bearings reduce maintenance and provide continuous operation
- Safety probes prevent damage and enable multiple gauging
- Large loading area for large components or groups of components
- Roundness unit with automatic adjustment to the diameter, even with
- Straightness measurements in the 3 main axes (Z, X, Y) coordinates
Roundness measuring unit
The roundness measuring unit consists of the measuring spindle (C-axis) and an axis for automatically setting the probe to the diameter of the workpiece. With roundness measurements, the r-axis moves the probe along the workpiece contour, even for eccentric deviation exceeding the probe range.
Straightness measuring unit
The accuracy of the horizontal straightness measuring unit is guaranteed irrespective of the size, shape and weight of the workpiece, by the fact that the load air bearings and the guide bearings are separated from each other. Moreover, the vertical straightness unit (Z-axis) guides the roundness measuring unit along a granite surface.
Alignment axes (A and B)
Integrated into the workpiece loading table for aligning workpieces automatically within the measuring volume of the machine.
Automatic alignment functions permit continuous operation. Measurement data processing parallel to measurement data acquisition greatly reduces measuring times. An extensive programme of accessories completes the universal measuring system and extends the range of application,
e. g. into surface roughness.
MFK 600 - especially suitable for checking motor blocks, cylinder heads, transmission cases, elements of hydraulics, crankshafts and camshafts. Workpiece evaluation as per ISO 1101.
- Form measurement on cylindrical features (cylinder bore, crank bore, shafts): roundness, straightness, cylindricity
- Form measurement on flat features (seals and planes on head, block, thrust face): perpendicularity, straightness, flatness, total runout
- Distance measurements possible: cylinder bores, valve guides, bearings
- Diameter measurement possible: bores, pins, bearings
- Additional movement axes, e. g. rotating the workpiece during the measurement, can be added any time. With these additional axes even the most complex measuring problems e. g. series measurements on V-shaped motor blocks can be performed fully automatically!
Please click on the links for more information or request a quote today!