Product Announcement from Master Magnetics, Inc.
High Energy Flexible Magnets are composed of a strontium ferrite powder mixture with polymer bonding. These magnets are most commonly formed as strip.
Manufacturing High Energy Flexible Magnets
The raw material goes through a calendering process and then is formed into strip. It can then be easily machined to size and magnetized. High energy flexible magnets are anisotropic (oriented), whereas standard flexible magnetic material is not. Therefore, high energy magnets are limited to magnetization through the thickness, and are similar in strength to a Grade 1 ceramic magnet. Special magnetizing patterns available and may require fabrication of magnetizing fixtures.
Applications of High Energy Flexible Magnets
- Magnetic Assemblies
Attributes of High Energy Flexible Magnets
- Higher resistance to demagnetization compared to standard flexible magnet material
- Easy fabrication and handling
- Free from chipping, cracking or shattering
- High energy product versus regular flexible material
- Adhesive or plain
- Low curie point, not good in heat applications