Accelerometer...New Side Exit with Integral Cable
Product Announcement from Meggitt Sensing Systems - Wilcoxon Research
Meggitt Sensing Systems - Wilcoxon Research New 787F is a side exit, low profile accelerometer with an integral cable to provide protection in the harshest environments.
The 787F, has a permanent Viton® boot and Teflon® jacketed cable to provide protection in the harshest environments.
- The integral cable is permanently mounted, eliminating a common concern that contaminants can get into the connector. Dirt, oil, grease, water, dust, and other contaminants found in the harsh industrial environment can cause an electrical short, erratic or erroneous readings, and corrosion.
- The 787F's integral cable eliminates concern about the connector backing off the sensor. The connection integrity is critical for inaccessible sensor locations such as inside a gearbox, machine tool monitoring, and underwater applications, like vibration monitoring inside tanks or on submersible pumps.
- The low profile sensor is designed with a side exit connector and captive screw, for easy installation in confined areas.
The integral cable 787F uses rugged, dependable construction methods with demonstrated superior reliability. It is a glass-to-metal weld, making the sensor truly hermetically sealed to 1x10-8 cc/sec. This provides superior protection from harsh operating conditions with exposure to various chemical, slurry spray, and highly corrosive compounds, especially at high temperatures, significantly improving the longevity and reliability of the sensor.
- Sensitivity: 100mV/g
- Acceleration range: 80g peak
- Amplitude non-linearity: 1%
- Frequency response: 1.0 - 5,000 Hz (±10%) and 0.7 - 10,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- Cable length: 16 to 100 feet standard J9T2A cable, steel overbraid or armored cable optional.
- Temperature range: minus 50º to +120º C
- Height: 1.23 inches with cable exiting the side.
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD), electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI / RFI) protected.
The 787F is one of a large selection of 100 mV/g general purpose accelerometers to suit every application. The 787F is ideal for condition based monitoring and predictive maintenance programs where the sensor is mounted to machinery in a wet, dirty or harsh environment, or at an inaccessible location. The accelerometer is suited to vibration monitoring of fans, motors, pumps, blowers, compressors, chillers, gearboxes, and mixers, as well as many other industrial applications, to significantly reduce failure rates in the field.
To purchase a 787F, or for information on general purpose accelerometers, visit www.wilcoxon.com, call 1-800-WILCOXON, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.