Product Announcement from Merryweather Foam, Inc.
Major medical and healthcare product manufacturers have long turned to the fabrication professionals at Merryweather Foam, Inc. to provide custom foam solutions for many and varied applications. Whether it's crosslink polyethylene for braces or our urethane's selection for splints or foam applicators, our experienced engineers will select the best materials and design the exact part/s you need to fit your product requirements.
Merryweather uses only the highest quality materials to comply with the strictest sterility requirements and internationally recognized body contact ratings. Current healthcare materials include:
- BISCO® Medical Silicones
- PORON Medical® Urethanes
- Crosslinked Polyethylene
BISCO Medical Silicones and PORON Medical Urethanes are fungal resistant, PVC, latex and solvent free, biocompatible, and pressure relieving while offering lasting comfort and durability. The range of materials have passed biocompatability analysis for cytoxicity, primary skin irritation, and dermal sensitization for surface device contact with intact skin per ISO 10993-1 and FDA G95-1 guidelines.
BISCO® Medical Silicones offer long-term comfort and durability - As both open and closed cell structures, they maintain their dimensional stability even when exposed to dry heat, steam electron beam, ethylene oxide, alcohol and gamma radiation. BISCO Medical Silicones are ideal for body contact devices in life-saving procedures, imaging (sonography surface), and sterile surfaces ("cleanroom" surfaces).
PORON Medical® Urethanes are flexible, resistant to collapse, and possess excellent shock-absorption capabilities – These urethanes are medium density and open celled, breathable and fungal resistant, and offer lasting comfort, durability, and biocompatibility, making them ideal for cushioning applications such as protective garments, prosthetic cushions and pressure point pads. In monitor applications, these foams may be used to hold monitoring devices to the body and in oxygen sensor pads. They can also be used in appendage wraps and monitor grips where soft restraint is required. They are offered in three grades:
- PORON Medical Soft Cushioning and Soft Supporting - providing long-term comfort; compression-set resistant, and fungal resistant.
- PORON Medical Firm Energy Absorbing - offers high-energy return and excellent impact absorption.
- PORON Medical Slow Recovery Custom Contouring and Fit Accomodating - offers controlled energy return resulting in a customized fit during each use. Applications include:
- medical grounding pads
- single- and double-sided tapes
- sealing gaskets
- self-stick gadgets from air fresheners to towel racks
- incontinence guards
- suture holders
- cervical collars
- EKG pads,
- transdermal drug delivery patches and specialized packaging
- excellent consistency and gauge control
- A and EO grades meet FDA regulations for food contact
- can be vacuum formed
- low vapor transmission
- resists moisture
- will not absorb body fluids
- additional surface performance and decorative advantages
- combines softness and rigidity
- can be vacuum formed
- ideal for custom options
- choice of densities
- soft and clean
- non-friable and non-absorbent
- can be compression molded