Product Announcement from Mersen
NEW MERSEN VIDEO DEMONSTRATES HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PEOPLE AND FACILITY FROM THE HAZARDS OF ARC FLASH
Mersen is pleased to announce the availability of a new video entitled “Arc Flash Mitigation Using Mersen’s Amp-Trap 2000 Fuses.”
Mersen has been at the forefront of Arc Flash testing and research, and this new video is a continuation of Mersen’s efforts to educate industrial customers about the dangers of arc flash. An arc flash has explosive power, and with this power, intense hazards are created. It's expected that the explosive energy released during arc flash incidents will send more than 2,000 workers to burn centers this year.
The video showcases live arc flash testing from Mersen’s High-Power Test Lab. Using a mannequin, the video demonstrates the effects on PPE Hazard Category 0 when different classes of fuses are used. Mersen Amp-Trap 2000 fuses clearly show the highest level of protection for people and equipment.
The Amp-Trap 2000 fuse family encompasses a wide range of sizes and current ratings, providing maximum protection to your electrical system. Opening in less than one-quarter cycle at fault currents up to 300kA, Amp-Trap 2000 fuses minimize the let-thru current that flows downstream. In addition to their high current-limiting ability, Amp-Trap 2000 fuses feature:
- Time-delay, to handle inrush currents from motor starters and transformers without nuisance opening.
- Easy 2:1 selectivity that helps avoid nuisance shutdowns and blackouts.
- Long-lasting metal-embossed dates and catalog numbers for easy traceability and preventive maintenance.
- A fiberglass body that provides dimensional stability in harsh industrial environments.
- An instantly recognizable, bright orange label.
In addition, Mersen’s website, www.arcflashadvisor.com, provides a reliable source of information on arc flash, how to protect workers from arc flash, and how various regulations affect plant procedures.