Anritsu MG3700A Signal Generator
Product Announcement from MetricTest
The Anritsu MG3700A Vector Signal Generator supports digital modulation of signals for all major wireless communication systems such as cellular phones and wireless LANs. With its 160 MHz high-speed arbitrary waveform baseband generator, wide vector modulation bandwidth, and large capacity ARB memory, MG3700A has the performance to provide signal generation for future wireless communication systems with wider bandwidths.
The arbitrary waveform generator is a standard function built into the MG3700A. By choosing an arbitrary waveform pattern, a modulation signal can be output that meets the requirement of various communication systems.
There are four kinds of waveform patterns that can be used by the MG3700A:
1. The standard built-in waveform pattern.
2. Various optional waveform patterns [Models: MX3700xxA]
3. Optional IQproducer waveform generation software [Models: MX3701xxA]
4. Data created by general signal generation software changed into waveform patterns for MG3700A.
Many arbitrary waveform pattern files are pre-recorded, based on parameters conforming to various communication systems that have already been established. Those waveform patterns provided on the hard disk of MG3700A as standard functions can be used freely. Additional waveform patterns are offered as optional software.
The IQproducer waveform generation software conforms to various communication systems. This software performs a parameter setup of waveform data and can generate an arbitrary waveform pattern file that is downloaded to MG3700A using a LAN connection or a CF (Compact Flash) memory card.
IQ sample data files (in ASCII format) generated by common EDA (Electronic Design Automation) tools can be converted to waveform pattern files for MG3700A using the IQproducer "conversion" function. A custom-made waveform pattern file is generated arbitrarily.
Key Features and Specifications
- Frequency Range 250 kHz to 6 GHz
- 250 kHz to 3 GHz (standard)
- 250 kHz to 6 GHz (option)
- Wide vector modulation bandwidth
- 120 MHz (Internal base band generator)
- 150 MHz (External IQ input)
- High level accuracy
- +/–0.5 dB (Absolute level accuracy)
- +/–0.2 dB typical (Linearity)
- High speed waveform transmission by 100BASE-TX Ethernet
- 40 GB hard disk is built in
- Large capacity baseband memory
- 1 GB = 256 Msamples/channel (standard)
- 2 GB = 512 Msamples/channel (option)
- Waveform addition function
- Two signals, such as wanted signal + interfering signal or wanted signal + AWGN, can be added and outputted.
- Standard 20 Mbps BER analyzer is built in
Support for a wide variety of communication systems:
- Standard Waveform Patterns: Arbitrary waveform patterns corresponding to the following communication systems are included as standard features:
- W-CDMA/HSDPA, GSM/EDGE, cdma2000, 1X/1xEV-DO, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/b/g), PDC, PHS, AWGN
- Optional Waveform Patterns: Arbitrary waveform patterns corresponding to the following communication systems are provided as options:
- Public Radio System (RCR STD-39, ARIB STD-T61/T79/T86)
- Waveform generation software: IQproducer™ (software license is optional) -- PC application software with a graphical user interface for changing parameters and generating waveform patterns that comply with various communication systems: