Product Announcement from Micromeritics
Micromeritics' AutoPore IV 9500 Series characterizes a material's porosity by applying various levels of pressure to a sample immersed in mercury. The pressure required to intrude mercury into the sample's pores is inversely proportional to the size of the pores. This is called mercury porosimetry, or often, "mercury intrusion."
The AutoPore IV series provides high-quality analysis data and comes with enhanced data reduction and reporting packages, faster pressure ramp rates, a more flexible and controllable vacuum system, and a redesign of both the low-and high-pressure generation systems.
- Ability to measure pore diameters from 0.003 to 360 µm
- Available with two low and one high-pressure ports or four low and two high-pressure ports for increased sample throughput
- Available in 33,000 psi or 60,000 psi models
- Low noise, high-pressure generating system
- Enhanced data reduction package; includes tortuosity, permeability, compressibility, pore-throat ratio, fractal dimension, Mayer-Stowe particle size, and more
- Operates in scanning and time – or rate – equilibrated modes
- Collects extremely high-resolution data; better than 0.1 µL for mercury intrusion and extrusion volumes