Radiation Shielding - Tantalum Enclosures
Product Announcement from MuShield Company, Inc. (The)
MuShield is proud to announce that the company has ventured into the field of radiation shielding by successfully producing radiation shields out of 99.95% pure tantalum sheets.
- Tantalum shielding can be found in defense technology, nuclear reactors and components, electronic components and x-ray technology.
- MuShield has the capability to hydroform, spin, draw, form, weld and anneal Tantalum products.
- Tantalum is ideal in high temperature applications, as it registers a melting point of 5425°F (2996°C).
MuShield's experience as a leader in custom magnetic shielding has made for an easy transition into the Tantalum shielding market. Contact us today for questions regarding Tantalum shielding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TANTALUM is a rare specialty metal with the highest capacitance (ability to hold and release electricity) known to science.
Essential for electronic devices:
- Cellular phones
- Digital audio/video players
- Corrosion/heat resistant materials
- GPS (Nuclear power plants)
For specialty applications:
- Jet engines
- Medical (Trabecular metal implants)
- Carbide cutting tools
- Corrosion/heat resistant materials As technology for electronic devices progresses, need for tantalum rises.
Special Qualities of Tantalum Products:
- Corrosion Resistance
- Thermal Conductivity
- Melting Point: 5425oF (2996oC)
- "Getter" Characteristics -absorbs surrounding gases and vapors extremely well at elevated temperatures
- "Valve Action"