Product Announcement from Multi-Contact USA
Multi-Contact's electrical connectors range from milliamps to kiloamps, from miniature PCB connectors to large power connectors. Multi-Contact's state-of-the-art connector technology offers both standard and custom designed solutions for applications in power generation and power distribution, switchgears, signal and data processing, medical and monitoring instruments, computers, audio and video equipment, industrial machinery and robotic docking systems, railway and mass transportation, photovoltaics, aerospace and defense. All of Multi-Contact's electrical products use their tried and tested Multilam contact bands technology which offers lowest contact resistance and extremely high current density in a small space. Multi-Contact manufactures the following electrical connector products:
- Industrial Connectors: Our high-performance industrial connectors are designed for severe requirements in industrial environments. Equipped with our tried and tested MC Multilam they offer lowest contact resistance and extremely high current density. Our power connectors find use in a wide range of applications such as power generation and distribution, rack and panel applications, machine control systems, mobile transformers and many more. Wherever high currents need to be safely transmitted through a removable electrical connection Multi-Contact's industrial connectors should be your preferred choice.
- Connectors For Automation: Multi-Contact connector systems designed for the specific requirements of automated production facilities. Applications include manually or automatically actuated multi-couplings for docking systems, automated assembly lines, tool change systems for machining and molding equipment, and robotics. Small in size but big in performance, our automatic systems connectors feature a rugged and reliable design specifically engineered for high mating frequencies. Equipped with MC Multilam Technology for lowest contact resistance and extremely high current density.
- Medical Industry Connectors: In medical technology the reliability of all components is a particularly crucial factor – in intensive care units, for instance, human life often depends directly on the performance of the connected medical equipment. Our special product line for electromedical equipment has been developed using our know-how in developing and manufacturing safety products for test and measurement, and recognizing the specific requirements of the medical industry. Featuring our unique MC Multilam Technology and gold-plated contact elements, our medical connectors provide for the very highest dependability and corrosion resistance. Our connectors are suited for steam sterilization, and are also available for disposable applications. In addition to the standard product range, we offer customized solutions for individual requirements.
- Connectors for Renewable Energy: Hhigh-quality connectors, cables and junction boxes for the photovoltaic industry. With its superior connector systems and over 10 years of experience in the field, Multi-Contact is leading on the photovoltaic sector. In 1996 MC introduced the world's first PV connector system MC3. The product has a good standing in the international market to date. In 2002, the MC4 followed, and has since become the most popular PV connector worldwide. Equipped with the proven MC Multilam Technology, Multi-Contact's PV connector systems are characterized by reliability as well as a long lifespan. The connectors maintain a particularly low contact resistance throughout the entire life cycle of the photovoltaic installation. Furthermore, Multi-Contact offers a number of standard products such as round connectors or the modular connector system CombiTac, which are well suited for use in wind or hydro power stations.
- Test and Measurement: Over the last four decades, Multi-Contact - and namely its subsidiary in Essen, Germany (formerly HCK) - has become a synonym for safe, high quality test accessories worldwide. Whether for testing, measuring or diagnosis of components and systems, our innovative test accessories offer you the performance, dependability and repeatability you need. Our Test & Measurement product family includes our complete line of insulated test accessories that meet and exceed today's stringent safety requirements, our test accessories for high-frequency engineering, as well as our wide range of highly flexible wire.
- Specials & Multilam: Among the countless types of electrical connectors from signal currents up to extremely high currents, MC Multilams stand out on the strength of excellent performance. The MC Multilam, cornerstone of MC contact technology, has virtually unlimited applications due to its design flexibility and advanced features.
The MC Multilam forms a contact cage inserted between two contact surfaces. It contacts the two surfaces at a large number of points, each of which acts as a "bridge" for passage of current. MC Multilams are made of specially shaped copper beryllium contact plates, and either silver, gold or nickel plated.
They have high current-carrying capacity in continuous and intermittent operation and perform very reliably over a broad temperature range. MC Multilam contact bands are available for male and female cylindrical connectors or flat contact configurations. They are also well suited for sliding contact interfaces, which require either linear or rotary movements. Contact elements with large radial tolerances and the capacity to absorb angular misalignment are also available.