SecureDry™ Evidence Drying Cabinets
Product Announcement from Mystaire, Inc.
SecureDry™ evidence drying cabinets are designed to provide a secure and dedicated area for drying wet evidentiary items while creating a barrier to keep out the potential threat of cross contamination. The cabinet utilizes pre-filtration, HEPA and carbon filtration to minimize the potential for environmental cross contamination and employee exposure to putrid odors or biological material.
SecureDry™ is constructed from rigid white polypropylene that is thermally fused in order to create a continuous chamber, eliminating structural cracks and crevices. The elimination of cracks and crevices allows for ease of cleaning and maintenance between cases and minimizes the potential for bio-burden build-up. An optional timed 254 nanometer UV light is available for chamber irradiation, further reducing cross-contamination risk.
Added security comes from the powder coated steel doors with keyed entry, not found on other drying cabinets. This reinforced steel door is designed to provide a tamper resistant barrier while creating a positive seal between the chamber and the environment, minimizing the potential for cross contamination.
In addition to the door pre-filter, within the drying chamber is a second pre-filter. This pre-filter is referred to as a trace evidence filter and is designed to trap any potential evidence that may become airborne during the drying process. All drying air must pass through the trace evidence pre-filter before leaving the drying chamber. This filter should be changed between each case and retained for further analysis by laboratory professionals.
By drying crime scene evidence with SecureDry™ you keep your occupational exposure to potentially harmful biological material to a minimum.
- Seamless polypropylene construction with blue epoxy-coated steel door
- Stainless steel drying rod and removable shelves
- Seamless polypropylene construction for easy cleaning between cases
- Four-stage filtration including dual pre-filtration, HEPA filtration and gas phase filtration
- Locking casters for added mobility
- Two-speed blower operation - airflow is increased when door is opened
- Notification lights alert operator for pre-filter and main filtration changes