Product Announcement from Nelson Air Corp.
Nelson Air has supplied a number of air bearing spindles for a variety of customers. These bearings provide good load capacity and extremely high stiffness with very low runout and are inherently frictionless. This makes them ideal for high speed precision applications.
Typical Air Bearing Spindle Features:
- TIR of ±5 millionths of an inch (up to ±2 available)
- Load capacity from 1 lb to 350 lbs
- Zero Speed to 80,000 rpm Available
- Operating pressure from 30 psi to 90 psi
- Material: Hardcoat Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Motorized Models Available
- HIgh Resolution Encoders Available
- Vacuum Feedthrough Option Available
- Precision Collet Interfaces Available