Product Announcement from NewAge Industries, Inc. / AdvantaPure
A new style of barbed connector is immediately available from tubing-and-hose manufacturer NewAge Industries, Inc. Precision molded with an improved design, these versatile fittings are ideal for the laboratory, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical, bioprocess, chemical, purified water, medical component, environmental, and appliance industries, as well as other applications that call for a lightweight, inert fitting. An addition to the company's line of multi-barbed thermoplastic fittings, the new style, called Thermobarb FDA PP, offers several benefits over look-alike connectors. These advantages include:
- The elimination of mold parting lines and flashing (waste particles that can dislodge during use and cause contamination)
- A longer, more tapered lead barb for easier installation, a tighter fit, and reduced leakage
- Smooth surfaces throughout for unrestricted, uniform flow
- Sterilization by gamma radiation or autoclave
- Free of animal-derived ingredients
- A temperature range of 10°F to 220°F (-12°C to 104°C)
Thermobarb FDA PP fittings meet important industry criteria. They conform to USP Class VI standards and are compliant with FDA 21 CFR 177.1520 for food contact surfaces and with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances). They're manufactured in the U.S. at an ISO 9002:2000 certified facility.
Thermobarb FDA PP fittings work well with soft, flexible tubing such as silicone or thermoplastic rubber and are ideal connectors for single-use/disposable tubing assemblies in, for example, sampling and fill applications. Available in three popular sizes—1/4", 3/8", and 1/2"—in the Y style, Thermobarb FDA PP connectors are just the first in this new line. Other styles, such as T's and straight connectors, are in the finishing stages of development.