Streampix 5 GigE recording station.
Product Announcement from NorPix, Inc.
Want to harness the DVR power capability of StreamPix or TroublePix into your own application? Use HERMES API, a proven reliable API for DVR applications.
HERMES API is our standard low-level library at Norpix. All of our end user software products, such as StreamPix or TroublePix, are developed on top of the HERMES API.
HERMES is a set of C/C++ callable objects and functions that can be added to your own application to handle image capture, image recording and playback, as well as image display and exporting.
Here is a list of some available features when programming with HERMES API:
Add digital video recording features to your application using the Hermes API.
- .NET now supported
- .NET wrapper compatible with all CLI languages (Common Language Infrastructure) such as C#, VB.NET and many others.
- Supports all standard Hermes API functions.
- Includes 4 demo projects coded in Visual C#.
- Optimized to take advantage of multi-core / multi-CPU architecture, 32 bit or 64 bit Windows OS
- Set of C/C++ functions and classes.
- Full control of the image flow within the application: Keep/discard/archive/display.
- Connect to any of the over one hundred frame grabbers and cameras supported by NorPix.
- Receive images from the camera.
- Save images to sequence file ( StreamPix's .seq file format), image files (bmp, jpeg, tiff, png) or movie clip (avi, mov).
- Provides access to time stamping using either computer clock or Irig time or GPS source, or LTC.
- Playback captured sequence files at various speed.
- Display images received on a user-defined canvas (device context).
- Compute frames per second speed.
- Comes with detailed documentation and demo samples.
- Can be used with single or multiple cameras.
- Simultaneously support for multiple identical or different cameras.
- Set triggering mode from hardware or software based triggering.
- Work in 8 or 16 bit per channel with monochrome or color images.
- Perform Bayer interpolation.
- Modify frame rates as desired.
- Adjust camera parameters such as gain, brightness, shutter, gamma, hue, saturation, white balance.
- Set time lapse capture from single or multiple cameras simultaneously.
- Overlay graphics and text on live or playback video.
- Save images in tiff, multitiff, jpeg and bmp formats.
- Automatic or manual white balancing.
- Real time intra frame JPEG compression to lower sequence file size.
- Support cameras or frame grabber with embedded JPEG compression.
- Save camera settings in memory channels and reload them on demand.
- OEM volume pricing available for run time copies.
- Bayer conversion / color balance / color mapping.
- DirectX9 GPU optimized support for full screen image display.
Get the Latest Flash player.