Pneutorque Pneumatic Torque Multiplier
Product Announcement from Norbar Torque Tools, Inc.
PTM-72 tools use the same 'twin motor' handle as the PTM-52 but fitted with a durable 72mm gearbox to allow higher torque outputs. The 'twin motor' concept gives the benefit of high run-down speeds while adding very little to the size and weight of the tool.
Also available as Internal and External Control, Shut-Off versions.
Product's part number: 18104.B08
Product's NATO number:
Product's Accuracy: +/-5%
Operates between: 295 - 1475 lb-ft , 400 - 2000 Nm
- Square Size: 1"
- Max Air Pressure: 6.3 bar
- Air Consumption: 19 liters/sec (40 CFM)
- Tool Weight: 6.5 kg (14.3 pounds)
- Reaction Plate Weight: 0.7 kg (1.5 pounds)
- Free Speed: 70 rpm
- On Bi-Directional tools, the direction control knob is locked while the tool is running to prevent accidental damage to the gearbox.
- Fast - 1000 N.m version has a free speed of 140 rpm for rapid bolt run-down.
- Quiet - less than 85 dB(A) when under load.
- Non impacting - low vibration levels make these tools comfortable and safe to use.
- Square drive is quickly and easily replaceable.
- 'Soft Start' trigger control aids socket location and allows gradual and safe reaction location.
- For safety, gearbox can rotate independently from the handle so that reaction forces are not transmitted back to the operator.
- Light weight - single direction 2000 N.m stall tool weighs just 6.2 kg.