Metcal MX-500 Soldering & Rework Systems
Product Announcement from Metcal / OK International, Inc.
Metcal’s MX-500 Soldering and Rework System has been reimagined, adding features and a new look to a bench top icon. The system utilizes SmartHeat® Technology, wherein each cartridge is equipped with a self-regulating heater which ‘senses’ its own temperature and closely maintains its pre-set idle temperature for the life of the heater-tip. The tip temperature is determined by the inherent metallurgical properties of the heater; no external adjustment or equipment is required. The MX-500 retains switchable dual port, 40W operation while introducing numerous new features in a new housing.
- Integrated Power Indication Meter: a built in net power meter which will display a graphical and numerical representation of the power applied to the cartridge.
- User Programmable PowerSave Mode: the time to enter PowerSave Mode is adjustable from 10 to 120 minutes.
- Ground Fault Interrupt: AC ground monitor detects power line ground failures and immediately alerts the operator and shuts down the system. Only after the power line ground has been restored, can the MX-500 be restarted and soldering operations can be resumed.
- Universal Power Supply: automatically senses the input line voltage and adjusts accordingly, which allows for worldwide operation without adaptors or a change in performance.
- Compatibility with all MX products: the MX-500 redesign allows full compatibility with existing and previous MX upgrade kits, tip-cartridges, handpieces and accessories.
- Greater process control with SmartHeat® Technology
- Reduced space requirements
MX-500 System Configuration and Upgrade Kits
MX-500S: Soldering & Rework System includes hand-piece and workstand
MX-500SPT: Rework System includes tweezer hand-piece and soldering hand-piece with workstands
MX-500DS: Desoldering System includes desoldering hand-piece and soldering hand-piece with workstands
MX-500P: Dual port switchable power supply only