Product Announcement from Metcal / OK International, Inc.
The new HCT2-120 Hot Air Pencil is the latest addition to Metcal’s offering of convection rework tools. This digital handheld convection tool is ideally suited for applications, which use smaller components and integrated circuits.
As component miniaturization continues, the ergonomics of a pencil allow a user more freedom to access and rework components on the board without affecting adjacent parts.
Features and Benefits
- 120 Watt Ceramic Heater and Dual Stage Air Pump: Provides the power and performance needed to deliver the right amount of thermal energy.
• Digital Airflow and Temperature Controls: Two LED displays provide a graphical and numerical representation of the desired airflow and temperature.
• Fast Response and Performance: A microprocessor controlled, closed loop feedback system provides fast heating, precise and stable temperature control.
• Standby Mode: When the hand-piece is placed into the workstand, the temperature will drop prolonging heater life.
• Universal Power Supply: Automatically senses the input line voltage and adjusts accordingly, which allows for worldwide operation without adaptors or a change in performance.
• Ergonomic and Light Weight Hand-Piece: Slim and ergonomic design handpiece that feels like a pencil, with a rubber grip.
• Nozzles: Six nozzles (1.5 mm – 4.0 mm) are included in the unit with a nozzle plate holder inside the workstand.
• Easily Change Heaters and Nozzles: Both can be changed in seconds.
Part Number Description
HCT2-120 Digital Hot Air Pencil with power supply, hand-piece and workstand, nozzle plate holder and pack of 6 nozzles
HCT-HTR120 120W Heater
HN-120KIT-6 Pack of 6 nozzles (1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm)
HCT-WS120 Workstand with nozzle holder
AC-CP2 Heatproof nozzle removal pad
Get the Latest Flash player.