Portable Eddy Current Flaw Detectors
Product Announcement from Olympus Scientific Solutions America
The Nortec 500 Series, Olympus NDT's newest eddy current flaw detectors incorporate a full range of features: internal balance coils, VGA output connector (for heads up displays, monitors, and projectors), and a USB interface for rapid information transfer. The Nortec 500 also includes PowerLink™, for automatic probe recognition and program set-up.
The Nortec 500 improves on previous Nortec eddy current instruments and is available in three configurations. Each configuration includes digital connectivity and increased resolution with reduced noise. Internal balance coils allow use of inexpensive absolute probes without the need for external balance coil adapters. A built-in preamp adds extra gain when needed for difficult tests. VGA output allows for the addition of a optional "heads up display" allowing hands free operation. The optional remote-null adapter adds convenience by allowing the probe to be nulled and the instrument screen erased from the probe.
Where weight is critical, the trans-reflective, monochrome display option and smaller battery lighten the instrument to 2.8 lbs (1.2 kg) while keeping the full VGA resolution and display size. In situations where rechargeable batteries and AC power are unavailable, a "C" cell battery adaptor can be used. The Nortec 500 can also be powered from a 12 volt vehicle battery.
The Nortec 500 delivers basic single frequency eddy current inspection including external outputs.
The Nortec 500S builds on the foundation of the Nortec 500 by adding digital conductivity and coating thickness
measurement and the use of rotating scanners.
The Nortec 500D includes all the functionality of the Nortec 500S by adding dual frequency.
- 50 Hz - 12 MHz frequency range
- Single Li-Ion battery, Choice of two battery configurations.
- Lightweight, 2.8 lbs to 3.8 lbs (1.2 kg to 1.7 kg) depending on configuration
- 6.5" (165 mm) color LCD (640 x 480 resolution)
- Split screen display for rotary and dual frequency applications with smart color
- Digital conductivity in International Annealed Copper Standard (IACS) or Mega Siemens per meter (MS/m)
- Non-conductive coating readings in inches or millimeters
- On screen Strip Chart display option
- Multiple scanner support
- Internal balance loads for single coil probe support
- Dual frequency (Nortec 500D)
- VGA output
- Display Freeze to hold flaw signals
- PowerLinkTM technology
- automatic probe recognition and instrument set-up
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) free case design
- On-screen reference memory for go/no go applications
- On-board storage of up to 120 programs
- Waterfall display