WeldROVER Fully Automated UT Weld Inspection
Product Announcement from Olympus Scientific Solutions America
The WeldROVER™ is a perfect addition to the Olympus family of scanners for customers that require a more stable inspection than can be provided by manual scanners, and in a more economical package than the high-production zone-discrimination systems typically used in offshore pipeline construction.
The WeldROVER is a simple, industrial-strength, one-axis encoded scanner that provides the customer with a fully mechanized automated data acquisition. It is designed to make fast and efficient phased array inspections on ferromagnetic piping or vessel girth welds and long seams with minimum training and setup time. The scanner can be configured with up to six probes for phased array, TOFD, and conventional UT inspection.
The WeldROVER could not be easier to use. It is operated by a simple two-button remote control with variable speeds. The scanner interfaces with the OmniScan® MX or TomoScan FOCUS LT1 directly without the need for complex software, motion controller electronics, or configuration. Use of the laser-guide indicator helps the operator to manually adjust the scanner direction using the steering lever. This allows acquiring precision data without the need for guide bands, complex tracking systems, or motorized steering capability. It is the perfect fit for the company offering fully mechanized, automated phased array (AUT) inspection services. Less than one hour of training is required for any customer that has completed the basic OmniScan® course.
- Can support up to six probes for TOFD, phased array, or pulse-echo inspections
- Constant scanning speed control for smooth data acquisition at any speeds
- Compact motion controller allowing 10 different scan speeds from 5 mm/s to 50 mm/s
- Simple two-button remote control for jog or constant encoded motion either in backwards or forward direction
- Data acquisition using OmniScan or TomoScan FOCUS LT 1 instrumentation with less than 5 minutes configuration time
- The four industrial-strength magnetic wheels are driven for use on ferromagnetic surface
- Integrated water manifold for simple and efficient couplant delivery
- Emergency-stop button located on the scanner
- Laser guide indicator helps the operator to follow the weld centerline or any other inspection reference
- Room to integrate a remote pulser/preamplifier for improved TOFD-P/E inspections
- Divisible cable conduit umbilical offers cable protection and configuration flexibility. Minimal time needed for probe reconfiguration.
- Waterproof (IP65)
1 Interface with TomoScan FOCUS LT™ can be made using the optional encoder cable adaptor
A typical configuration is two PA probes and one or two pairs of TOFD probes to comply with the ASME codes.
- Supports two probes at the back and two at the front of the scanner on pipes from 4 in. OD and up
- Supports up to four probes at the front of the scanner on pipes from 12 in. OD and up
- Supports up to six probes at the front of the scanner on pipes from 16 in. OD and up
- Supports up to six probes at the front of the scanner on pipes from 30 in. OD and up
- Electrical water pump (P/N: CFU03)
- Manual water pump (P/N: WTR-SPRAYER-8L)
- TomoScan Focus LT encoder cable adaptor (P/N: C1-DE15F-BXM-0.30M)
- Extra 5 m divisible cable conduit (P/N: OPTX0719)
- Extra spring-loaded probe holder (P/N: WELDROVER-A-SLA)
- Extra laser guide (P/N: WELDROVER-A-LASER)
- Modular instrument and accessories hard-carrying case. The modules can be used to transform the scanner case into a workstation. (P/N: WELDROVER-A-ICASE)
- Spare parts kit (P/N: WELDROVER-A-SPKIT)
For TOFD inspection:
- TRPP-5810 2-channel pulser/preamplifier (P/N: TRPP-5810)
- 5682 1-channel preamplifier (P/N: 5682)
- TOFD probes and wedges (see ordering information table)
- Extra TOFD/PE 31.75 mm yokes (P/N: ADIX689)
- UT probe cables
- 5 m UT RG174 coaxial cable with LEMO-00 to LEMO-00 connectors (P/N: C174-LM-LM-5M)
- 5 m UT RG174 coaxial cable with LEMO-00 to Microdot connectors (P/N: C174-LM-UDOT-5M)
- 0.45 m UT RG174 coaxial cable with LEMO-00 to Microdot connectors (P/N: C174-LM-UDOT-0.45M)
For Phased Array inspection:
- PA probes and wedges (see ordering information table)
- 0.5 m PA extension cable with four UT connections
- PA probe splitter (P/N: OMNI-A-ADP05)
- Extra PA 40 mm x 55 mm yoke (P/N: ADIX655)
- Extra PA 40 mm x 65 mm yoke for PWZ1 probes (P/N: ADIX1082)
- Motorized scanner with rotating probe-holder arms at the front and back of the scanner
- 2 frame bars for probe-holder fixation of 200 mm (8 in.) and one of 340 mm (13.4 in.)
- Remote control with 5 m cable
- MCDC-01: one-axis DC motion controller
- Encoder cables linking MCDC-01 to the OmniScan®
- 6 spring-loaded arms (SLA) pivoting probe holders and all brackets needed for the different configurations
- 4 TOFD-P/E 31.75 mm yokes
- 2 PA 40 mm x 55 mm yokes
- 2 PA 40 mm x 65 mm yokes for PWZ1 probes
- Irrigation tubing and fittings
- Laser guide and holder
- Two steering lever
- 5 m divisible conduit for cable protection and attachment to the scanner.
- Power supply
- Scanner and accessories hard carrying case
Note: All cables for scanner operation are 5 m.
Probes and wedges are not included with the scanner.
Please click on the links to the right for more information or request a quote today!
Get the Latest Flash player.