Product Announcement from Omron Electronic Components LLC
The SX4 is a protocol independent, CWDM-based optical subassembly (OSA), capable of transmitting (Tx) and receiving (Rx) 4 optical channels over one multi-mode fiber.
• Four isolated channels on one multi-mode fiber
• Designed to allow transmission over 100m of 62.5μ multi-mode fiber or 300m of 50μ multi-mode fiber at 3.5Gbps
• SC optical interface
• Each channel is capable of receiving / transmitting at a bit rate between 155Mbps and 3.5Gbps per channel
• Can either aggregate data at a max rate of 14Gbps or operate as independent data channels
• Omron converts to fiber optics for you!
• Short design-cycle – Ready-to-install EOE package
• Lower inventory investment (& risk) for expensive components
• One common module matched to variety of off-theshelf fiber lengths
• Reduction of cable cost
• Direct mapping to DVI signals
Founded in 1933, Omron is one of the world's leading suppliers of reliable, advanced electronics and control system components with revenues exceeding $7 billion USD. You can count on us to provide you with the latest technology, superior quality and high performance in every product area we participate in. If your organization is experiencing an application or component problem, look to our engineering services for project management and other application consulting services.