Phase separation in batch processes
Product Announcement from optek-Danulat, Inc.
The extraction of high-cost products from an aqueous phase to an organic phase or vice versa or a salting-in/salting-out processes are very common and important procedures in the chemical industry. After settling of the mixture in a batch reactor the aqueous phase is separated from the organic phase. This separation can be monitored inline, real-time with an optek dual channel absorption sensor.
optek photometric analyzers are simple to install and easy to implement. Using optek photometers for interphase detection will lead to higher quality, will exclude any missing of the different liquid phases and will lead to reduced costs with a rapid return on your investment.
Phase separation in batch processes - aqueous phase - organic phase Benefits
- No operator on a sight glass
- Exact determination of the different phases
- Increased Product Quality
- Faster Product Changeovers
- Reduced Product Loss
- Precise and repeatable optical measurements
- Automatic diversion, no manual switching
- Detect aqueous/organic phase
- Results in cleaner products
For more information view our phase separation in batch processes application note