Turbidity & Optical Density: NIR Absorption Probe
Product Announcement from optek-Danulat, Inc.
The sensor uses the light in the near infrared range (NIR) from 730 to 970 nm. A precisely defined, constant light beam penetrates the process medium. The attenuation of the light intensity, caused by absorption and/or scattering by dissolved and undissolved substances, is detected by a hermetically sealed photo diode.
The probe comes in six different optical path lengths (OPL) from 1 to 40 mm. The optical filter on the lamp side adapts the wavelength for specific applications and allows color-insensitive concentration measurements in the near infrared range. The AS16-N is available with a 100 mm extended insertion depth for larger vessels.
The seal-less, sapphire window design eliminates crevices and gaps to assure the highest level of sterility, cleanability and sensor integrity. The probe body demonstrates extreme durability and fulfills the CIP/SIP requirements demanded by ultra-sanitary process environments. NIST-traceable validation accessories are available as option for absolute measurement confidence.
- Inline real time process monitoring
- Superior sapphire window with no seals, gaps or crevices
- Concentration measurement insensitive to color changes
- Extremely low maintenance
- All wetted material and surface finishes are certifiable and traceable
- NIST-Traceable validation options
- Conforms to FDA requirements