Micrometer Screw Drive: MICI 200
Product Announcement from Piezosystem Jena, Inc.
- motion up to 250 µm
- high resonant frequency
- high precision adjustment of linear positioner
- motion without mechanical play
- precise adjustment of heavy loads
- MICI 80 and MICI 200 are compatible with series 152
micrometer drives from "Mitutoyo"
- improvement of resolution of linear stages
- quality control
- fine adjustment of optical components
The MICI 200 is based on a high load piezo actuating system with a lever transmission which allows for a range of motion of up to 250 microns in open loop mode. If the MICI is combined with a micrometer screw, this unit can be mounted onto a linear stage. Pre-adjustment is done by the measuring screw and the final fine adjustment is made by the MICI element. Through this, the accuracy and reproducibility of the linear stage system can be improved significantly. The achievable resolution is down to the sub-nm range. The major advantage of the MICI 200 system is that it can be easily installed into an existing system, upgrading it to achieve sub-nm resolution.