Product Announcement from Portage Electric Products, Inc.
Portage Electric is offering a new addition to the Valstat Series™ of thermal controls. The new series is self-hold thermal protectors designed as a cost effective solution for thermal protection of motor, transformer, lighting and appliance applications. In a fault condition, the Model JSC opens the electrical circuit and an integrated heat source prevents the thermal protector from reclosing until the power source is removed and the unit is allowed to cool. Ther thermal protector then resets allowing continued operation. Self-hold devices allow for the functionality of automatic reset devices with additional safety enhancements.
• Snap action device for quick break switching action.
• Conductive bimetal construction; the bimetallic element carries the circuit current for maximum sensitivity under short circuit conditions.
• Available in two resistance values of the bimetal element.
• Preset calibration temperature; not adjustable in the field.
• Available with same end termination (JSCA) or opposite end termination (JSCB).
• Case electrically alive, insulating sleeving is available.
• Available with various lead wires and terminations.
• Suitable for use in 120/240 volt AC Inductive Load applications up to 1 HP
Calibration Temperature Range
• Available with nominal calibration temperatures from 50°C to 150°C in 5°C increments. Standard tolerance is 5°C.
Insulating sleeves along with various lead materials and terminations. Call factory for options
Portage Electric’s sales engineers will be happy to discuss your particular application to arrive at the best solution for your needs. Please contact them through the links above. You are also invited to visit their web site for more information on the full line of PEPI controls.