Product Announcement from Positech Corporation
HANDLING PROCEDURE: Remove the turbine blade from an incoming cart, set it into a number of test fixtures and then set it into an outgoing cart.
APPLICATION: The turbine blade is presented in a vertical orientation, "root" down (with the thick part of the blade down) on the incoming cart. The blade must be pitched to a horizontal orientation for placement into the test fixtures. When placed into the outgoing cart, the part must be returned to a vertical orientation; However the "root" is up, hanging from support columns on the cart.
MATERIAL HANDLING REQUIREMENT AND WORK AREA RESTRICTIONS:
- Two different blade designs with two distinct curvatures and weights.
- The various part orientations for placement into the carts and test fixtures require both a pitch function and rotation through the gripped axis.
- The blades are high cost, precision parts that are very susceptible to damage if they inadvertently contact a hard surface.
- Due to side posts on the carts, the tool must be inserted between the blades in the carts.
MATERIAL HANDLING SOLUTION
- Easily controlled maneuverability with an Articulated Jib Boom (AJB-40) and MAX (200) Pneumatic Balancer
- Low profile powered pitch assembly to fit in between the blades in the rack
- Rotation bearing/manifold allowing 360° continuous part rotation for various positioning in the test fixtures
- Small, lightweight "C" shaped tool frame
- "Tri-Balance" lift circuitry for two payloads
- 10"Ø bellows vacuum cup to conform to front side and back side blade curvatures
- "Soft Stop" circuitry allowing intermediate stops for the pitch function to accurately position the vacuum cup on the blade By incorporating superior material handling practices through Positech solutions you can achieve: • A safer workplace • Reduced handling related injuries • Enhanced process flow • Improved product quality • Increased profitability Use the Product Details web link on the right to learn more and call us (800) 831-6026, or e mail us to discuss your specific material handling challenges and how we can solve them