Product Announcement from Powerstar Inc.
Features of the PS2201-SS Grade A
2.2KVA /1980 watt 120V in a mini tower case
Ø Mil-Std-901D-A Grade A mil 1399,167,901,461 blast tested=
Ø Shipboard Delta Power- Wired with special double pole shock circuit breakers
Ø 304 Stainless Steel Chassis- Louvered for ventilation but keeps the water out.
Ø Adjustable voltage sensitivity wide ranging
Ø Adjustable voltage-transfer points
Ø Audible Alarms- Beeps on low battery and failures.
Ø Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown- when power is restored the UPS does not need to be reset.
Ø Automatic self-test- bi weekly test of the batteries and the inverter.
Ø Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
Ø Cold-start capable- use it as an AC source anywhere without a power line nearby.
Ø Generator Compatible
Ø Hot-swappable batteries- no need to shut down your system just to change batteries
Ø Intelligent Battery Management- Charges batteries and takes into account the temperature.
Ø LED status indicators- Lots of LEDS to show status on the previous model. NOW! NEW Version uses only 4 LED Lamps but now has a full written word one line alpha-numeric display for reading status of unit, displaying alarms, or modifying the programming. (new display not shown in our current photo)
Ø Network manageable- Add in an Ethernet card with SNMPv1, v3, Http, Telnet
Ø Power conditioning - Buck /Boost voltage control while on AC MAINS without starting inverter.
Ø Predictive failure notification- it tests itself bi weekly looking for weak batteries or other failures.
Ø Resettable circuit breakers
Ø Safety-agency approved
Ø Modified RS232 Serial Connectivity with Alarm closures from some pins.
Ø USB port to connect to your Windows computer. Win XP,7, etc. will recognize this UPS and use built in drivers for auto shutdown control.
Ø SmartSlot for adding in Ethernet or other I/O cards- like dry contact alarm card for reporting alarms and status to remote unit.
Ø Emergency Power Off (EPO) port standard. Shut down the UPS output quickly via simple low voltage low current contact closure i.e., fire alarm
Ø Temperature-compensated battery charging to improve battery life
7.1 minutes @1980W
10 minutes @1640W
20 minutes @1040W
30 minutes @ 740W
60 minutes @ 430W
PS2201-SS Grade A Tower UPS
Single - Phase Uninterruptible Power Supply System
This specification defines the electrical and mechanical characteristics and requirements for a continuous-duty single-phase, solid-state, uninterruptible power system. The uninterruptible power system, hereafter referred to as the UPS, will provide high-quality AC power for sensitive electronic equipment loads.
The UPS is designed in accordance with the applicable sections of the current revision of the following documents. Where a conflict arises between these documents and statements made herein, the statements in this specification shall govern.
· UL Standard 1778, UL 1499
· FCC Part 15, Class A· CSA· BSMI
Modes of OperationThe UPS is designed to operate as a line interactive uninterruptible power supply in the following modes:
A. Normal - In normal operation incoming AC power is fed to the input, conditioned and applied to the connected equipment. In this mode, power is also derived from utility power for the battery charger. In the event of a utility outage or severe abnormality (sag or swell), the UPS will support the connected load from battery power, until the battery is discharged or the utility returns; whichever occurs first.
B. Battery - Upon failure of utility / mains AC power, the critical AC load is supplied by the battery. The switch over time to battery is less then 2 milliseconds.
C. Recharge - Upon restoration of utility / mains AC power, after a utility / mains AC power outage, the input converter automatically restarts and resumes supplying power to the connected load and the battery charger to recharge the battery.
D. Automatic Restart - Upon restoration of utility / mains AC power the UPS automatically restarts and assumes supplying power to the critical load and the battery charger.
Design RequirementsA. Voltage: Input/output voltage specifications of the UPS are:
- Input: · 120V Units: 74-154 VAC, 60/50 Hz, single-phase, 2-wire-plus-ground. Euro models available.
- Output: · 106-127 VAC Units: 120 VAC +3%, 60/50 Hz, single-phase, 2-wire-plus-ground.
- B. Output Load Capacity: Specified output load capacity of the UPS is:· 2200 VA/1980 Watts at 0.9 lagging power factor.
- C. Internal Battery: Valve regulated, non-spillable, flame retardant, lead acid cells.
- D. Reserve Time: 2200 VA minimum 9.7 minutes, these times are at full load with ambient temperature of 25oC (77oF).
- E. Battery Recharge: The UPS contains a battery recharge rate designed to prolong battery life. Recharge time for UPS internal batteries is three (3) hours maximum to 90% capacity after a complete discharge into full load.
- Performance Requirements
- AC Input to UPS
- A. Voltage Configuration: The UPS operates at 120 VAC nominal; single phase without drawing power from the batteries. The input voltage can be adjusted to operate within the range of 74-154 VAC.
- 120 VAC; single phase, 2 wire plus ground nominal; variable based upon output loading:
- B. Frequency: UPS auto senses input frequency when first powered up and will operate within the following frequency specifications. The UPS is capable of auto sensing input frequency of 50/60 Hz @ 120 VAC +/- 3%.
- C. Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge energy rating is 880 Joules, 6.5kA.
- Full time multi pole noise filtering; 0.3% IEEE surge let through; zero clamping response time.
- Input EMI filters are employed in accordance with MIL-461
- AC Output, A. Voltage Configuration:120 V Units: 120 VAC, 60/50 Hz, single-phase, 2-wire-plus-ground configuration
- Also available in 220 or 230V European versions.
- B. Voltage Regulation: + 3% steady state.
- C. Frequency Regulation: 47-53 Hz nominal for 50 Hz, 57-63 Hz nominal for 60 Hz, Synchronized to utility / mains.
- D. Output Line Distortion: less than 5%
- E. Output Power Rating: 2200 VA/1980 Watts at 0.9 lagging power factor.
- F. Crest Factor: up to 5:1
- G. Filtering: Output EMI filters are employed in accordance with MIL-461H. Waveform: Sine wave
- Output connectorsA. (2) Mil-5015 MS circular connectors
- B. (4) 5-15R Or call us for other connector options of your choice.
- Environmental Conditions
- A. Ambient Temperature:· Operating*: 0O C to +40O C (+ 32O F to + 104O F) for altitudes 0 to 3000 meters (0 to 10,000 ft.) above sea level.· 25O C (+ 77O F) for optimum battery performance· Storage: -15O C to +50O C (+ 5O F to +113O F) with batteries removed.· Storage elevation 15000 M max.· 20O C (+ 68O F) for optimum battery storage.
- * Operating temperature range can be extended with our premium long life battery (-25° to +50°C)
- B. Relative Humidity:· Operating: 0 to 95% non-condensing.· Storage: 0 to 95% non-condensing.
- C. Audible Noise:Noise generated by the UPS under normal operation does not exceed 50dBA when measured at 1 meter from the surface of the UPS.
- E. Electrostatic Discharge:The UPS is able to withstand an electrostatic discharge compliant to ENC61000-4-2, level 4, for 120 VAC, 208 VAC, and 230 VAC units (15 kV through air, 8 kV contact) without damage and will not affect the connected load.
- FABRICATIONThe UPS is manufactured and fabricated in accordance with MIL-STD -901D and MIL-STD-167 as tested and certified. MADE IN USA
- All materials and components making up the UPS are new, of current manufacture, and have not been in prior service except as required during factory testing. All relays are provided with dust covers.
- WiringWiring practices, materials, and coding are in accordance with the requirements the standards listed in section 1.2 and other applicable codes and standards. All wiring is copper.
- CabinetThe UPS unit is comprised of: input converter, battery charger, inverter, and battery consisting of the appropriate number of sealed battery cells; and is housed in a tower NEMA type 1 enclosure and meet the requirements of IP20. The UPS cabinet is cleaned.Chassis is fabricated from 304 stainless steel.
- MODEL DIMENSIONS (H x W x D) WEIGHTPS2201-SS-Grade A17.0" x 8.0" x 22.0"(43mm x 20mm x 55mm)115.0 lbs. (52.1kg)
- CoolingThe UPS is forced air cooled by internally mounted fans. Fan power is provided from the internal power supply. Air intake is through the front of the unit and exhausted out the rear of the unit.
- COMPONENTSAC Input Current LimitThe input converter is provided with AC input current limiting whereby the maximum input current is limited to 125% of the full load input current rating
- Input ProtectionThe UPS is supplied with a MIL-STD Hi-G force double pole circuit breaker in accordance with MIL-STD-901D and MIL-STD-167. The circuit breaker is rated at 20.0AThe UPS has built-in protection against under voltage, over current, and over voltage conditions including low-energy lightning surges, introduced on the primary AC source. The 120 VAC models can sustain input surges without damage per criteria listed in IEEE 587 CAT. A & B.