The Most Popular Bench Micrometer in the World
Product Announcement from Pratt & Whitney Measurement Systems, Inc.
Features & Benefits of the External Supermicrometer® Model C:
- Heavy-duty cylindrical bed - Chromium-plated cylinder ensures long life and performance integrity and the rack and pinion drive eliminates movement during the measuring cycle
- Adjustable pressure tailstock - Exclusive Electrolimit® tailstock offers adjustable pressure from 2 to 48 ounces (50 to 1350 g) for reliability and optimum performance of your Supermike. Adjustable pressure is required for thread gage calibration and using 3-wires for Pitch Diameter (PD) measurement.
- Carbide-tipped measuring spindles - Non-rotating measuring spindles have long life, corrosion-free lapped anvils and are calibrated to ultra finish and precision. A must for measuring thousands of pins or precision components.
- Elevating table - Adjustability allows for presentation of the part to the instrument in a non-influencing manner
- Direct-reading, microprocessor-based
digital display - Easy-to-read digital display provides direct reading in inch or metric units. Serial/RS 232 port is included.
- Calibrated analog meter - Establishes the reference zero for taking direct measurements from the microprocessor-based
- Digital module - Divides the measurement into 0.000010 inch (0.25 micron) increments for high resolution. If higher resolution is needed,the Model PC Supermic bench micrometer has 0.000001 inch (0.025 micron) resolution.
- Optional GageCal® software - Microsoft® Windows based software reduces data entry, eliminates transcription errors, and speeds up measurements of your digital Supermicrometer. GageCal automatically enters tolerances for taper threads, plugs, pins, straingt threads (calculates pitch/major diameter) and flags out-of-tolerance conditions. The most widely used bench micrometer software!
External Supermicrometer C - Model C250, C375, C500, C625
The Standard of Accuracy
If you're looking for a direct-reading bench micrometer and an electronic size comparator for use in the calibration laboratory or on the production floor, look no further, the third-generation External Supermicrometer Model C provides durability, digital accuracy, speed of measurement, and range of applications. The Supermicrometer is the most popular bench micrometer in the world that can measure just about any manufactured precision OD part, turned part, or gages such as pins, plugs, and threads including API, NPT, NPTF, Dryseal, BSPP, BSPT, UN (Unified), M Profile (Metric), ACME, Buttress, UTS, UNC, UNF, UNEF, UNS, BSW (Whitworth), BA, BSC, BSF, BSP, to name a few. The External Supermicrometer Model C is also the industry standard, 3-Wire Thread Measuring System.
- PDF Brochure - External Supermicrometer Model C
- Leasing Information
- Accessories for External Supermicrometer Model C
- Sales Support
The External Supermicrometer®Model C measures:
- Your Precision Parts
- Pin & Plug Gages
- External Thread Gages
- Dial / Test Indicators
- Taper Threads - Pipe Threads (API Gages)
- Dial Bore Gages
- Cylindrical Setting Gages
- Setting Masters / Setting Gauges
- Taps, Dies, and Cutting Tools
- Gears / Splines
- Feeler Gages
NEW Accessory / Upgrade - Digital Tailstock Meter:
- Compatible with Supermicrometer Model B, C, or PC
- 1 millionth of an inch resolution [0.000001 inch (0.025 micron)
Retrofit - Model B, Model C, Model PC
Pratt & Whitney is a leading provider of dimensional measuring technology and metrology systems with over 11,000 installations worldwide. -the most TRUSTED NAME in dimensional metrology.