Product Announcement from Pratt & Whitney Measurement Systems, Inc.
The Universal Supermicrometer® measures :
- Length standards
- External threads
- Plugs & Pins
- Dial and Test Indicators
- Your Precision Part
The definitive bench micrometer, the Universal Supermicrometer®, offers the advantage of being two instruments in one, by providing the ability to measure both internal and external parts, gages or standards. Additionally, as a high precision, direct-reading metrology instrument, it is equally capable of checking critical parts on the shop floor or serving as the heart of your in-house calibration laboratory.
Features & Benefits of the Universal Supermicrometer®
- Mechanical and Thermal Stability - A rugged cast iron base and thermally stable composite materials insure repeatable and reproducible results
- Linear Encoder with Zero Abbe Offset - A high precision glass scale located along the measurement axis eliminates Abbe offset errors that reduce overall measurement uncertainty
- "Variable Attitude" Measurement Table - Vertical table adjustment is provided on all instruments. Four-axis measurement table available
- Variable Force - Ranging from -8 to +40 ozf
- Touch Screen Operator Interface - LCD touch screen computer system with P&W GageCal software
- Two Point Calibration - Mastering with two, NIST traceable blocks, allows continuous, accurate measurement over the full direct reading range. This provides significantly higher levels of productivity when compared to single point comparators.
- Flexible Fixturing - Pratt & Whitney's bid-directional probes (US Patent) and flat anvils are standard accessories. The bid-directional probes allow for both internal and external measurement without time consuming set-up changes. V-groove fixturing provides repeatable probe positioning.
- Auto Zero Mode - Allows measurements to be taken at great speed, increasing throughput, without compromising accuracy.
- Part Temperature Compensation - A sensor is provide to monitor the temperature of the specimen
- Dual Measurement - Switches between English and Metric units without recalibration