Cyclone Dust Collector - TORNADO™
Product Announcement from ProVent LLC
ProVent's TORNADO™ TXE Series Cyclone operating principle is a simple and effective method for removing process dust from an air stream. Dust laden air enters the conical body of the cyclone tangentially at the top and creates a vortex pattern flowing helical pattern downward into the machine and then produces an inner vortex that exits the machine having removed the particulate from the process stream. Centrifugal force causes heavier dust particles to move outward toward the cyclone wall. Friction and gravity then force the dust to fall into a receiver. Cleaned air spirals up the center of the cyclone and exits at the top of the unit.
TORNADO™ Cyclones are unique because they incorporate additional, key design features into the standard cyclone operating method for higher efficiency.
- High efficiency length-to-diameter ratio (Notice the Tornado's, tall, elongated shape)
- Rectangular inlet
- Involute Inlet Configuration
- Air-tight dust receiver
- Efficiencies up to 90% (efficiency varies with dust type particle mass, shape and average size)
- No moving parts aside from fan
- No internal filter media to maintain or replace
- No internal filter media to burn or fuel an explosion
- Consistent airflow & performance efficiency - not restricted by filter plugging
- No sludge, water clean-up or disposal as with wet type dust collectors
- No internal surfaces in low-flow or static air flow condition which can accumulate hazardous dust
- 60%-80% cost savings when compared to media and wet type dust collectors