Product Announcement from Quist Electronics
Carling Technologies is proud to introduce the CX-Series circuit breaker, which features a unique and innovative patent pending arc quenching configuration that allows the breaker to safely handle high amperage and high DC voltage applications in a compact package.
By using a patent pending magnetic flux boosting terminal configuration, a strong magnetic field is created thus motivating the arc into an enhanced arc chamber improving the breaker's overall performance and reliability.
The permanent magnets located at the entrance of the arc chamber combined with the upper and lower arc runner increase the magnetic blow out force and aid in motivating the arc off of the contacts and into the arc chamber.
An enhanced arc chamber features arc splitter retainers with integrated pressurizing walls, which facilitates heat transfer from the arc thereby providing additional cooling and quick transition into the magnetically induced splitter plates. In turn, the twelve (12) splitter plates attract, segment and cool the arc for full extinction.
Combined, these innovative features make the CX-Series breaker the best in class, providing stable performance even in the most demanding applications.
- Temperature stable hydraulic/magnetic overcurrent sensing technology.
- Optional relay trip circuit permitting remote operator system shut down.
- Choice of 6-32 or M3 mounting inserts providing secure panel mount installation.
- Choice of handle colors and legends, consult factory for details.
- Ideal for integration into photovoltaic renewable energy systems. The CX-Series circuit breaker can be designed into the system's combiner box or main disconnect.
- Ideal for integration into Information Technologies' power distribution equipment utilizing high DC voltage input.