ROHM Infrared LEDs for Proximity Sensing
Product Announcement from ROHM Semiconductor USA, LLC
SIM-030/031ST and SIM-040/041ST surface-mount IR LEDs utilize advanced IR wavelength technology to provide a peak output of 850/870 nm, compared to 950 nm for comparable devices. The 850/870 nm level is much closer to the peak wave sensitivity of phototransistors (sensors), enabling higher efficiency proximity sensing and energy savings of up to 66%. In addition, the small package footprint and low-profile further enhance their applicability in cell phones and other portable devices.
This product is ideal for proximity sensors and remote controls.
• Improved peak wavelength (850/870nm)- High output: 30mW (SIM030/031ST), 40mW (SIM040/041ST)
• Narrow viewing angle (±17.5°)
• Small footprint: 1.95 x 2.3 x (t) 0.9mm (SIM030/031ST), 2.25 x 3.1 x (t) 1.6mm (SIM040/041ST)
• Excellent temperature characteristics
• Long life, high reliability