Product Announcement from ROLLON Corporation
Linear motion applications often involve heavy-duty, multi-axis manipulation of heavy loads at high speeds. A good example would be palletizing equipment, but many applications have similarly intense motion requirements.
To meet the needs of these heavy-duty, multi-axis linear motion tasks, we’ve introduced the ROBOT Series of linear actuators.
Strong, Rigid Construction. ROBOT units are made of anodized aluminum extrusions for high mechanical strength and low weight. These sturdy actuators also include a steel-reinforced polyurethane timing belt with either an AT pitch or parabolic profile suited to high-speed operation.
A variety of setups are available to meet different application needs. ROBOT SP units feature two ball bearing guides mounted in two seats on the outer sides of the body. The carriage is assembled on four preloaded ball bearing blocks, enabling it to withstand loading in the four main directions. The ROBOT-2C Series features two carriages on the same unit, with the possibility of a fully independent drive.
Choice of Drive Systems. Depending on the end use, ROBOT units may be fitted with a variety of drive systems. The driving pulley is attached to the reduction gear shaft by a tapered coupling to ensure high accuracy and long life.
- Standard models are available with clearances from 3 to 15 ft. and reduction ratios of 1:3 to 1:1,000
- Versions with planetary gears are ideal for highly dynamic robotic, automation and material handling applications involving stress cycles and high-precision requirements
- Versions with worm gears are perfect for applications involving low speeds and accelerations
Multi-Axis Motion. Some applications call for multiple-axis setups. In these cases, a specialized set of fittings with brackets and cross plates easily connects ROBOT units to each other and to SC and ELM units within the ActuatorLINE family.
Multiple Sizes. Demanding linear motion systems often require customized configurations, not a cookie-cutter approach. That’s why we offer the ROBOT Series in a range of sizes and load capacities. All ROBOT SP actuators offer speeds to 5 m/s, high load capacity and bending moments, low friction and a service life of 20,000 km without re-lubrication.
- Body dimensions measure 55 x 100 mm, 70 x 130 mm, 90 x 160 mm and 100 x 220 mm
- Maximum dynamic axial load capacities from 780 to 5,510 N
- Stroke lengths from 100 to 6,000 mm
- Actuators support loads in any direction and may be installed in any position