Product Announcement from Radiall
Features and Benefits
With the ability to install the connectors to a track and mate without tools, the QM connector series offers unmatched integration flexibility.
- Rail mount installation without tools
- High conductive standard rails in multiple standard lengths are available
- High conductive metal plating on composite shells (typical shell to shell resistance <2.5 mOhms)
- Mating is maintained by a slide-lock which is pressed to mate the connectors
- Available with and without standard ground blocks for shield terminations
- Uses Radiall EPXB® standard inserts
- Integral strain relief with optional EMI backshell available
- Fully qualified and in-service today for severe airborne requirements
QM connectors are an industry innovation to replace legacy disconnect connectors with a fast and reliable interconnect solution.
Originally developed to support Boeing 787 wire integration requirements for final assembly, the QM connector has spread to numerous applications throughout the B787 aircraft and is now used on both B777 and B747-8 platforms as well. The QM connector is considered an "enabling technology" within the Boeing Company which makes the three day plan for final assembly feasible.
With a licensing agreement between Boeing and Radiall now in place, we are pleased to be able to offer all our customers this superior product for integration applications.
Manufactured under US patent App. No. 11/614,642