NON-MAGNETIC MCX CONNECTORS SAVE SPACE IN MRI
Product Announcement from Radiall
Radiall has released non-magnetic versions of its MCX line of miniature coaxial connectors. With a frequency range from DC to 6 GHz, the non-magnetic connectors' small size make them well suited to newer, compact magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment for hands, feet, or knees where space is at a premium. The non-magnetic materials mean the connectors do not distort the magnetic field produced by the coils which allows higher signal-to-noise ratios and higher image quality.
The connectors use low permittivity materials to achieve a magnetic susceptibility of 10-5, about three orders of magnitude lower than brass/nickel connectors (10-2)-resulting in an extremely low distortion of the magnetic fields.
The non-magnetic MCX line includes straight and right-angle board-mount receptacles and cable-mount plugs for RG-178 and RG-316 cable.
Full-detent cable plugs for high-vibration environments
Plug connectors are available with limited or full detents. For high-vibration environments characteristic of MRI machines, full- detent plugs maintain excellent electrical and mechanical performance. The connectors meet the vibration requirements of EIA-364-28 with 20 g at 2000 Hz in Highly Accelerated Aging Tests (equivalent to MIL-STD-202, Method 204, Condition D).
Features and benefits
- Low magnetic susceptibility for minimal magnetic field distortion and better image quality
- Full detent versions for exceptional normal force in high-vibration environments
- Large range for complete connectivity solution: board-to-board, cable-to-board, or cable-to-cable
- Choice of surface-mount and through-hole board-mount options
- Non-magnetic materials
- Excellent electrical and mechanical performance
- Impedance: 50 Ω
- Frequency range: 0 - 6 GHz
- VSWR (with 2.6/50/S and 2/50S cable)
Straight styles 1.1 + 0.08 * F(GHz) max
RA styles 1.1 + 0.075 * F(GHz) max
- Insulation resistance: 1000 MΩ
- Mating cycles: 500 cycles (except full-detent versions: 50 cycles)
- Engagement force: 25 N max, 40 N max for full detent
- Contact retention (min): 10 N
- Temperature range: -55/+155°C