Product Announcement from Renishaw
To meet the increasing demand for reliable, low cost, rotary and linear encoding Renishaw works closely with our associate company RLS d.o.o., to produce a range of robust magnetic linear encoders, magnetic ring encoders and magnetic rotary encoders
Designed for use in harsh environments, such as industrial automation and assembly systems, metalworking, stone-cutting, sawing, textiles, plastics processing, woodworking, packaging and electronic chip/board production, these high-speed magnetic encoders complement Renishaw's extensive range of optical angle encoder and optical linear encoder products.
- Magnetic linear encoders
- LM10 linear magnetic encoder system - The LM10 features a compact sealed readhead that rides at up to 1.5 mm from the self-adhesive magnetic strip scale, which brings 100 m travel and is simple to install.
- LM13 magnetic linear encoder - Simple to install, the LM13 features an integral set-up LED on the readhead, wide installation tolerances and an applicator tool for the adhesive-backed magnetic scale. A bidirectional reference is provided that can be either actuated by a preset mark integrated within the scale or by adding a reference sticker on top of the scale with the help of a self aligning installation tool.
- LM13 magnetic linear encoder with DPI - Engineered for extreme service, the solid-state LM13 linear encoder operates from -10 °C to +80 °C, has water-proof sealing to IP68 and is highly resistant to shock, vibrations and pressure.
- LM15 magnetic linear encoder - The LM15 features a compact sealed readhead that rides at up to 4 mm from the self-adhesive magnetic strip scale, which brings 100 m travel. The encoders come in digital output variants and offer a range of customer selectable resolutions 5 µm, 10 µm, 25 µm, 50 µm, 125 µm and 625 µm. The LM15 is capable of velocities up to 50 m/s; even at 25 µm resolution it is capable of more than 42 m/s.
- Magnetic ring encoders
- LM13 magnetic rnig encoder - The encoder comes in digital output variants and offers a range of customer selectable interpolation factors which offer resolutions from 1,280 to 327,680 counts per revolution. The LM13 is capable of velocities up to 25,000 revolutions per minute.
- Magnetic rotary encoders
Renishaw's RLS encoders provide a range of useful output formats, including AB quadrature, analog voltage, UVW commutation, and linear voltage. They even provide absolute position output. Resolution is up to 13 bits -8192 counts/rev, or 0.044 deg.
A wide range of package configurations makes them ideal for integration into OEM systems. From board level PCB assemblies to fully housed and IP68 sealed, there is a package for every application.
All of this performance doesn't come at a premium price. Renishaw's RLS encoders compare very favourably to the prices of optical encoders. In many cases they are available at a substantially lower cost. What's more, they are intrinsically suited to high volume production.
Renishaw is a leading manufacturer of high performance encoder systems. Contact our applications engineers to discuss your next application. www.renishaw.com/encoder 1-847-286-9953