Dealkalizers Systems ... Industrial/Commerical
Product Announcement from Res-Kem LLC
Res-Kem Zeo-Tech Dealkalizers are used institutional and industrial dealkalization applications for boilers operating below 700 psig and where alkalinity can interfere with your process or degrade your product. Single units are rated for flows up to 460 gpm. For larger flow rates, contact Res-Kem to determine whether larger or multiple units would be appropriate. Both options are available from Res-Kem.
Economical and efficient, Res-Kem Zeo-Tech Dealkalizers can be equipped for manual, semi-automatic, or full-automatic operation. Regardless of the configuration, only limited technical expertise is required for operation. Res-Kem Zeo-Tech Dealkalizers will integrate into a complete water treatment system without expensive custom field engineering and programming.
A dealkalizer is best applied to boilers operating below 700psi. To justify installation of a dealkalizer on low pressure boilers, the alkalinity content should be above 50 ppm with the amount of make-up water exceeding 1,000 gallons per day.
The addition of a dealkalizer to a cooling water system will substantially reduce the amount of acid required to treat the same amount of water.
Why use an Industrial Water Dealkalizer?
- Reduce Blowdown - High alkalinity promotes boiler foaming and carryover and causes high amounts of boiler blowoff. A dealkalizer can increase the cycles of concentrations, reducing blowdown and lowering operating costs.
- Reduce Chemical Use - Reducing blowdown by dealkalization keeps the water treatment chemicals in the boiler longer, thus minimizing the amount of chemicals required for efficient, non-corrosive operation.
- Reduce Return Line Corrosion - Carbonate and bicarbonate alkalinities are decomposed by heat in boiler water, releasing CO2 into the steam. CO2 combines with the condensed steam in process equipment and return lines to form carbonic acid, H2CO3. This lowers the pH of the condensate returns and results in corrosive attack on the equipment and piping.
- Reduce Chemical Contamination - Pharmaceutical, food, dairy, and beverage plants are not permitted to use the amount of chemicals required to properly treat high alkalinity waters.
- Single Unit Flows up to 460 gpm
- FDA Approved Epoxy Lined Steel Tanks with 100 psig Design Pressure
- Top Mounted Manway
- Schedule 80 PVC Hub and Lateral Distributors
- Factory Assembled Diaphragm Valve Nest
- Steel External Piping
- Sensor Initiated Regeneration
- Automatic Brine Float Valve
- Backwash Flow Controller
- Materials and Coatings Selected to Withstand Corrosive Environments
- Reliable, Low Restriction Valves
- Non-Clogging Distributors Allow Operation Over Wide Flow Rate Range and for Even Distribution
- Standard Designs Reduce Cost and Delivery Time
- Simple Operation Reduces Operator Training Requirements
- ASME Code Vessel
- Butterfly Valves
- Stainless Steel or Fiberglass Pressure Tanks
- Salt Silo and Bulk Brining System
- Stainless Steel, Copper, PVC, or Galvanized External Piping
- Stainless Steel Internal Piping and Distributors
- Pre-piped and Wired Systems Mounted on Skid
- Interconnecting Piping Between Multiple Units
- Manual Unit Isolation Valves
- Allen Bradley PLC
For Options Not Listed Here Please Contact Res-Kem
WHITE PAPER "Save $91,000 Annually In Low Pressure Boiler Water Treatment Chemical And Fuel Costs Using a Dealkalizer" by Kevin Preising.