Product Announcement from Res-Kem LLC
Res-Kem - Economical and efficient, the heart of the Res-Kem Dual Tank (DT) Softener is a Pentair® Fleck® valve. With a meter initiated, twin tank alternating design, one tank is in service while the second is held in stand-by. These rugged control valves provide a low maintenance, high flow rate, and quality system able to meet the most demanding needs. The only operator attention needed is to put salt in the brine tank.
Depending upon the unit, Res-Kem DT Softeners use either a Pentair Fleck 9000, Pentair Fleck 9001, or Pentair Fleck 9500 Series Econominder all brass control valve. A lower cost option uses a Res-Kem DT Softener based upon the Pentair Fleck 9100 or Pentair Fleck 9101 Series non-metallic valves.
- Continuous Flows up to 42 gpm
- Peak Flows up to 50 gpm
- NSF Approved Fiberglass Tanks
- 8% Crosslinked, High Capacity Cation Resin
- Hub and Lateral or Strainer Distributors as Appropriate
- Meter Initiated Regeneration
- Brine System
- Backwash Flow Controller
- Dual Tank Design Provides Continuous Flow
- Materials and Coatings Selected to Withstand Corrosive Environments
- Reliable, Low Restriction Valves
- Non-Clogging Distributors Allow Operation Over Wide Flow Rate Range and for Even Distribution
- Standard Designs Reduce Cost and Delivery Time
- With Proper Service, the Robust Design Virtually Eliminates Operator Involvement
- 3200ET Electronic Valve and Meter for Easy Programming and Flow Measurement
- 9100 Non-Metallic Valve and Piping
- 10% Crosslinked Cation Resin
- Fine mesh Cation Resin
- Macroporous Cation Resin
- Factory Assembled, Pre-piped and Wired Skid
- Manual Unit Isolation Valves
- Hot Water Capable Unit
Why use a Water Softener?
Calcium and magnesium are hard scale forming minerals that build up on piping, heat exchangers, water heaters, boilers, and any steam equipment. This buildup results in costly repairs, increased energy consumption, plugged heat exchangers and boiler tubes. Also, hardness greatly reduces the service life of linens, clothing, appliances, and plumbing fixtures.
The following facilities are examples of ideal applications for water softening equipment:
- Office Complexes
- Car Washes
- Light Manufacturing Plants
- Large Homes
- Boiler Pretreatment