Product Announcement from Scantek, Inc.
Norsonic is introducing a new concept in multichannel measurements; the Nor850 Distributed Multichannel System.
Scantek Inc. - By connecting a number of individual measuring units through various communication channels, the user may create the optimal multichannel system for any task. Dedicated user-friendly application packages for various uses are available, and the system control is done with a PC running the latest state-of-the-art Windows7 platform.
- Individual units for each measuring channel offers a very high degree of operating flexibility. It allows the user to operate a multichannel system one day - and many individual measuring units another day!
- Choose between any mix of measuring units based on the Nor140 single channel unit and the new multi channel Nor850 MF1 rack containing 1 - 10 channels.
- By connecting a number of individual measuring units through various communication channels - including both standardized LAN and USB inter- faces - the user may create the optimal multichannel system for any task. Wireless communication through Bluetooth or WLAN is also available.
- The Nor850 system offer various application modules developed for the most efficient operation within building acoustics and general sound analysis. Further application packages are planned for sound power, vibration, sound intensity, advanced building acoustics, environmental noise, and more…
- The application packages are all written in the new Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation software environment which opens up a new world of user friendly features.In the heart of the Nor850 software there is a sensor database containing all possible information about each customer complete list of measurement transducers (microphones, accelerometers, etc.), measuring channels, serial numbers, producers, calibration values, verification laboratories, verification dates, correction data, etc.
- As all connected front end channels communicate digitally with the controlling PC, any kind of errors introduced by long analogue cables are avoided. No need to worry about tear and wear on long microphone cables!
- Each individual unit may be homologated by an independent verification laboratory which means that even the entire multichannel system may be homologated!
- The multichannel system Nor850 may be expanded as the needs grow.