Product Announcement from SCHOTT North America, Inc. - Defense
SCHOTT's fiber optic products are enabling the defense industry to develop night vision, display and other technologies that are smaller, lighter and more effective. In addition, SCHOTT's glass research and engineering expertise enables it to develop custom-built fiber optic solutions for new types of military and security applications.
Fiber optic defense industry products that SCHOTT currently supplies or is developing with its defense industry partners include:
- Image inverters for night vision systems.
- Tapers and faceplates for Helmet Mounted Displays (HMDs), used by helicopter pilots, tank personnel and infantry.
- Focal plane array components for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), allowing them to capture 180 degree video images.
- Biotech capillaries that enable the capture of chemical and biological airborne pathogens.
- Floating display fiber optic faceplates that reduce ambient light signatures and improve handheld, vehicle and avionic display visibility.
- Optically contoured fiber optic components that enable pilots to more easily view information on Heads Up Displays (HUDs).
- Light guide imaging products for pyrometric sensors used in engine analysis.