Product Announcement from SCHOTT North America, Inc. - Defense
Chemically identical to BOROFLOAT® 33, but with newly engineered processes that enable never-before-achieved glass thickness for more demanding applications, which include uses in opaque armor and telescopes. SUPREMAX® 33 is a rolled borosilicate glass utilizing the unique SCHOTT rolled sheet glass process. This manufacturing technique offers a wide range of glass thicknesses with appealing surface quality.
- Low thermal expansion technical flat glass (C.T.E.: 3.25 x 10-6 K-1)
- High thermal resistance (long term up to 450° C, short term up to 500° C)
- Excellent light transmission from UV to NIR
- Low density (12 % lighter than soda lime glass)
- Excellent chemical durability
- Available in wide thickness range (28.6 mm - 66.7 mm)