Product Announcement from S+S Separation and Sorting Technology GmbH
Varisort X is designed to remove all kinds of specialized glass, including high-temperature resistant glass, from glass cullet. The cullet is first spread out on an external feeder and then across an accelerator belt so that the pieces are optimally positioned before they reach the inspection area. If, for example, there is any high-temperature resistant glass present, the detector will identify it and determine its exact location. Electronics evaluate this position and ejection nozzles are activated with pinpoint accuracy and at precisely the right time to blow out the contaminant. The ejection nozzles are so precise that the contaminant is removed with very little loss of cullet. The rest of the cullet then continues along the conveyor.
- removes Pyrex from container glass cullet
- removes ceramic hob glass from flat/plate glass cullet
- removes lead glass from crushed lighting tubes and fittings
- identifies high-temperature resistant glass which cannot be identified visually
- identifies contaminants even with low levels of contamination
- equipped with high-speed air valves