Product Announcement from SST Sensing Ltd.
How It Works
SST's new solid state Optical Proximity Sensor provides Single Point object detection of ANY MATERIAL up to a typical distance of 10mm.
An infra-red LED and phototransistor are positioned at the sensor tip such that in air most light will escape.
When the sensor's field of vision is interrupted by an object, the infra-red light reflects back into the sensor tip from the object causing a change in the amount of light present at the phototransistor which makes the output change state.
Download the OptoProx Datasheet NOW!
What's In It For Me?
You get a Robust & Reliable, Single Point Detection Optical Proximity Sensor that can detect ANY MATERIAL (unlike many proximity sensors) up to a typical distance of 10mm. Other benefits include;
- Small & Compact
- Reliable Solid State Technology
- Detects all Materials
- Insensitive to Magnetic Fields
- Operates to 1kHz
- Temperature Range from -40 to +125°C
- Low Power Consumption
- Robust structure
Visit SST's product page for more information
OptoProx is suitable for use in a wide range of applications. Below are just some of the ideal applications that the OptoProx is suitable for;
- Vending Machines
- Production and Packaging Lines (counting items)
- Speed Sensing
- Suitable Alternative to Inductive Proximity Sensors in many applications
- Automation Equipment
- Material Handling and Process Control
- Detects Bulk Materials: Wood Pellets, Grain, Rice
If you think this sensor would be suitable for your application...