Product Announcement from SUSS MicroTec
Precision Wafer Bonding Solution
The SB6/8e is a semi-automatic, computer controlled, stand-alone wafer bonder accommodating 150mm and 200mm wafers respectively. The SB6/8e system features a rigid vacuum chamber for best-in-class post-bond alignment accuracy, independent upper and lower substrate heaters and precise programmable force control during the wafer bonding process.
A wafer stack loading arm simplifies the loading and unloading of aligned wafers into the vacuum system. Combined with the SUSS Bond aligner BA6 or BA8 the SB6e & SB8e provides superior post bond alignment, force and temperature control. Ideal for MEMS, SOI, wafer level packaging and optoelectronic applications.
The SB6/8e can be equipped with tooling fixtures for all known bond processes for a wide range of substrate sizes up to 150/200mm in diameter. Additionally, the SB6e and SB8e chamber, tooling, and fixtures are used in SUSS' ABC200 and CBC200 production cluster tools which allows easy technology process transfer from low volume production to full mass production.
- Ideal for all wafer bond processes including anodic, glass frit, eutectic, adhesive, fusion and metal diffusion bonding
- Suitable for all types of wafers and substrates up to 200mm diameter, stack thickness up to 6mm
- High post-bond alignment accuracy is ensured by the SUSS transport fixture with automated wafer clamping in combination with the SUSS BA6/BA8 bond aligners
- Down to 1µm post bond alignment accuracy with laser prebond option on the BA6/8 for anodically bonded multiple wafer stacks
- Controlled bond environment – vacuum or controlled gas ambient