Product Announcement from SABIC
SABIC Innovative Plastics has developed several Ultem* PEI resin systems based on our dianhydride monomers. PEI resins are high performance polymers that combine excellent thermal properties, exceptional dimensional stability, inherent flame retardance and good chemical resistance. PEI resin additives have a high glass transition temperature together with excellent long-term heat resistance. The materials have inherent flame retardance that avoids the use of halogens, and provide low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity.
- Additive for composites coatings and adhesives
- Thermoplastic composites and fiber
- High heat powder coatings
- Polymer additive and impact booster
Ultra-fine and porous powder
PEI resin additives are now being made available in ultra-fine and porous powders for improved dispersion and faster dissolution in epoxy systems and standard solvents. Compared to traditional coarse-ground powder, these special powders can accelerate dissolution times by 4-6.
- Type I: Ultra-fine spherical particles <45 µ
- Type II: Fluffy, porous particles with high surface area >100µ
All PEI additives are available as pellets, and most additives are also available in coarse powder or in special ultra-fine and porous powders.