Product Announcement from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics - Bearings and Tolerance Rings
Automotive Applications of RENCOL® tolerance ring are found in:
- Dual Mass Flywheel -- RENCOL tolerance ring is used to mount a flange with a fixation ring. The Tolerance Ring provides protection in the event of torque overload.
- Throttle Body Motor Mount -- RENCOL tolerance ring is used to mount a motor without causing damage to the motor while providing stability during its operating environment
- Starter Motor -- RENCOL tolerance ring is used to mount a gear and provides simple overload protection in the event of a misfire.
- Alternator -- RENCOL tolerance ring to mount a bearing in the cast housing. This excellent mounting solution competes against alternative technologies of plastic/rubber boots and glue.
- Camshaft -- RENCOL tolerance rings are used to mount the timing gear onto camshaft and provide the required torque to drive the camshaft.
Saint-Gobain provides numerous automotive videos and information relating to these and other automotive applications that utilize RENCOL® tolerance rings and NORGLIDE® maintenance-free bearings.