Product Announcement from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics - Process Systems
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics offers an extensive inventory of extruded thermoplastic tubing to suit a wide range of specifications, from high purity to chemical resistance, mechanical strength and temperature extremes.
Materials used are PTFE, FEP, PFA, ETFE, ECTFE, PVDF, polycarbonate, polysulfone, Ultem®. Popular brand names include:
- Acutech PEEK™ Capillary Tubing: Designed specifically for the demands of high pressure chromatography (HPLC). More corrosion resistant than stainless steel, PEEK is strong enough to take the pressure of 5,000 psi.
- Acutech Polycarbonate Tubing: Transparent material with high impact strength. It retains its rigidity and absorbs almost no moisture, making it ideal for electronic applications. Saint-Gobain also stocks food grade polycarbonate.
- Acutech Polysulfone Tubing: Semi-transparent thermoplastic, polysulfone offers similar properties to polycarbonate. However, it can withstand steam environments and offers improved chemical resistance over polycarbonate.
- Acutech ULTEM® PEI Tubing: Offers very good chemical resistance, combined with steam resistance. Can withstand repeated autoclaving, which makes it an excellent choice for medical choices. Good dielectric properties over a wide frequency range and can be used to manufacture electrical and analytical instruments.
- CHEMFLUOR® DUALITY™ Tubing: Provides benefits of natural FEP, such as chemical resistance, low coefficient of friction and high purity, with abrasion resistance, strength and toughness of LPDE.
Fluoropolymer Tubing products suit a wide range of specifications from high purity to chemical resistance, mechanical strength and extreme temperatures (+260°C). These products come in straight, convoluted and corrugated shapes. Saint-Gobain specializes in a varieety of fluoropolymers, including Microwall FEP, PFA, ETFE, ECTFE in both Layflat and custom sizes.