Product Announcement from Schaltbau GmbH
The technical principles of Schaltbau's snap-action switches in designs A and F were transferred to the dimensions of a microswitch:
Schaltbau subminiature S880 snap-action switches feature self-cleaning contacts and a positive opening function. Minimum size in combination with maximum reliability make the V4 snap-action switch ideally suited for a host of applications: as a safety limit switch in medical engineering, as a limit switch for machine, door and system control or in driver‘s desks of locomotives. Risks resulting from contact welding or spring failure are reduced by the positive opening operation of the switch. Thanks to its snap mechanism it is highly resistant to shock and vibration. Self-cleaning contacts (silver) and IP60/IP67 protection against dust, humidity and pollutants all contribute to the high reliability of the switch, even at low currents. The switch is operated by a standard push button, but plain levers, roller levers and simulated roller levers are also available as auxiliary actuators.
- Precision switch: High switching accuracy and high resistance to shock and vibration.
- Miniature design: V4 subminiature switch, dimensions to DIN 41636, type B.
- Self-cleaning contacts: Constantly low contact resistance ensures high contact reliability over the entire design life of the switch.
- Positive opening operation: Forced opening of contacts even by contact welding, in compliance with IEC 60947-5-1, Annex K
- Sealed to: IP40, IP60 or IP67 in accordance with IEC 60529
- Contact finish: Silver or gold
- Safety limit switch in medical engineering
- Limit switch for machine and system control, product engineering, elevator technology and material handling
- Safety limit switch in access locking systems, door and barrier control
- Control switch in heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems
- Switches for driver‘s cab of rail vehicles, control panels in cranes and on the bridges of ships.
- Snap mechanism with high shock and vibration resistance
- Self-cleaning contacts
- Long mechanical working life
- Designed in protection types IP 40, 60 and 67
- Can be used in various applications due to additional actuator