Product Announcement from Schmersal Inc.
The AZM161 Series is designed for machines/work cells where access to a hazardous work area must be controlled until safe conditions exist. Their solenoid-latching feature permits locking a machine guard until dangerous conditions, which may exist immediately after removal of power, have abated. Solenoid-latching may be controlled by a time delay, motion detector, position sensor or other suitable component.
The unit features independent actuator key (guard) position and solenoid-latching monitoring contacts. These permit the prevention of machine restart until the guard is closed and the solenoid-latching pin is in the locked position.
The AZM161 consists of an electromechanical safety interlock switch with "positive-break" contacts and a locking actuator key. In addition, the solenoid mechanism features a NO and a NC solenoid-latching monitoring contact, and an auxiliary manual unlocking device … the latter provided to aid in installation and for use in the event of a power failure (when using the "unlocking by solenoid" model).
Features & Benefits:
• Solenoid-locking design … controls access to hazardous areas until safe conditions exist.
• Highly tamper-resistant … difficult to defeat with simple tools, tape, bent wires, etc. Reduces liability exposure.
• "Positive-break" NC contacts … assure circuit interruption upon actuator key removal.
• Conditional "safe" outputs … actuating key must be fully inserted and solenoid must be actuated to lock key before "closed" safety signal is provided.
• Watertight design … meets IP67 environmental requirements.
• High-strength, stainless-steel actuator key … tolerates mechanical abuse without damage.
• Rugged, corrosion-resistant housing … tolerates hostile environments.
• Four optional key entry locations … provide installation flexibility.
• Independent actuator key position and locking pin position monitoring contacts … provide a higher degree of safety.
• Available in "solenoid-locking" and "solenoid-unlocking" models … for application versatility.
• Meets rigid safety agency standards … IEC, BG and VDE (UL and CSA pending).
• Wide selection of accessories … to meet diverse application requirements.